It may be a clichéd statement, but first impressions speak the loudest. As a professor at the start of a new semester, one must look polished, immaculate, and stylish. A neat and professional look gives students the impression that a professor ought to be respected, while a splash of color or innovative print allows students to admire their professor's creativity and charm.
Therefore, I'm thinking of a bold color for my first day as an adjunct. Perhaps, a red jacket paired with a striped shirt will do. I know that jeans are a daring move for an instructor, especially for a new instructor on the first day of class. However, I do not wish to compromise my comfort and individual style for any traditionalists out there. So, I shall appease the lot with the blazer.
Or, perhaps I could wear a yellow skirt with a black top and opaque tights...kind of like the look below, minus the hat and graphic tee. This is a more formal look than the previous one, for those of you who prefer to stay within the confines of professionalist attire. The one rebellious move here would be the yellow skirt. I find that adding one brightly colored piece to a neutral or dark outfit, can liven an otherwise dull and stiff ensemble.
No comments:
Post a Comment